September 17, 2017 | Kyle Brenon | Hebrews 10:19-25
Community Group Questions
This week we wrap up our three week section on community, in our sermon series “FOCUS”. We have seen clearly throughout this series that we are called to live in community with one another. We have been hard-wired to be in relationships not only to meet each others needs of support and encouragement, but more than that so that together we may with one voice bring glory to God!
This week we look at Hebrews 10:19-25 to see how this plays out practically for our good, and for His glory!
Read: Hebrews 10:19-25, Romans 12:4-5, Psalm 133:1, 1 Peter 3:8, Matthew 5:16, Mark 15:37-38
- Share a time in your life when you received encouragement from someone that made a real difference to you.
- Hebrews 10:24 says “Let us consider how to stir up one another towards love and good works…”
- Spend a few minutes considering this! What are some ways the Church and this community group can stir one another up towards love and good works?
- What are just a few ways that us living in harmony with one another can bring glory to God? (Matthew 5:16)
- True encouragement can only come from truth. What encouragement do you find in the Gospel? Specifically the image we are given in Hebrews 10:19-22
Memorize/Meditate: Hebrews 10:23-25
“Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
This week, lets pray together for God to build in us a sense of unity driven by the desire to bring Him glory above all else!