January 7, 2018 | Kyle Brenon | Colossians 1:13
Community Group Questions
January has always felt like a time for new beginnings, clean slates and a “Fresh Start”. Many people will make new year's resolutions, set goals for the year ahead maybe even join a gym! While all these things can be great tools, and can help motivate us to make positive changes, the only thing that brings real lasting change in our lives, is Jesus.
Today we begin our new sermon series as we look at the “Fresh Start” we have been given in Christ. Not only do we have a fresh start when we place our trust in Him, but every day after! Through Christ we have been made new, and in Him we have been RESCUED, RECONCILED and RENEWED!
Read: Colossians 1:3-13, Galatians 4:4-7, Lamentation 3:22-23, 2 Corinthians 5:17
1. Have you ever made any new year's resolutions? If so, What were they and how did they go?
2. Read Col. 1:12-13. What have we been rescued from? When we really let this sink in, how does it bring things into perspective?
3. If it is through Christ that we have been rescued, having fulfilled the law on our behalf, why do we so often think that it is up to us to gain God’s favor?
4. Lamentation 3:22-23 says that God’s mercies are new every morning.
- Is this something you often think about?
- How can embracing this truth effect our faith on a daily basis?
- What does it say about the God we serve?
1 Thes 5:9-11
For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him. Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.