Community Group Questions
This week we continue in our study of the parables of Jesus with week 7 of our sermon series “The Great Storyteller.”
Read: Matthew 22:1-14
There are countless discussion questions we could extract from this passage, but we can discuss some of the following as time permits.
- Who was Jesus speaking to? And, what do we know about His audience?
- What was the spiritual climate at the time this parable was given?
- Who did the king originally invite?
- Who were the king’s messengers?
- Why were they killed and who killed them?
Read also the passage in Matthew 23:29-34. Note some of the adjectives for the Pharisees.
Compare and contrast Acts 4:10-11.
- Who do the people, the second invitees, symbolize?
- What do the clothes issued by the king for the wearing at the wedding symbolize?
2 Corinthians 5:20-21
- Explain the wedding guest who was not wearing a garment for the occasion?
- What was his fate and why?
- Why and how is all of this an illustration of the Gospel?