October 15, 2017 | Dave Keener | Romans 8:31-39
Community Group Questions
Paul tell us in Romans 8 that we are “more than conquerors” through Him who loved us. This is a powerful verse, and brings to mind a powerful image. This week we discover that the “overwhelming victory” we have in Christ is much more incredible than we may initially think.
This is a victory over the law, over sin, and over death. It is not found in ourselves, nor is it of our doing. Rather this overwhelming victory is found in Jesus, and won for us on the cross!
Read: Romans 8:31-39, John 16:33, Philippians 1:21
1. What comes to your mind when you think of being “more than a conqueror”?
2. What does Paul mean when he says, “In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.”? (Romans 8:37)
- What are ALL these things? (HINT* The answer is in the next question!)
3. How does our being “in Christ” connect with the overwhelming victory we have over the law, over sin, and over death?
- Why would this victory not apply to us outside of Christ?
4. When we are found in Christ, we are absolutely inseparable from the love of God. (Rom 8:38-39). In what ways should this truth effect our everyday lives?
For example: How should it affect our marriages, the way we see ourselves, or our prayer lives?
Memorize/Meditate: Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.