April 1, 2018 | Kyle Brenon | 1 Corinthians 15:12-22
Community Group Questions
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead” - 1 Peter 1:3
Read: 1 Corinthians 15:12-22 , John 16:16-33, Luke 23:44-56, Matthew 27:62-66, Matthew 28:1-10, Romans 6:3-6
1. Did you have any fun Easter traditions growing up? Any that you have continued now as an Adult? (assuming you’re an adult!)
2. How does the resurrection connect with what Jesus says in John 16:16-33?
3. The story of the resurrection is often a familiar one to us. This week, whether at church, or in your own studies, has anything new stood out to you about the resurrection?
4. Paul says some pretty strong things regarding the resurrection in 1 Corinthians 15. In what ways is the resurrection absolutely crucial to the Christian faith?
Why might we often under appreciate its importance?
5. There is not a single aspect of our lives that the truth of the gospel should not impact. How can we better appreciate the power of the resurrection in our lives?
1 Corinthians 15:3-4
“For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures”